Sunday, July 17, 2011

Childhood Reminisce

           I am staying in my uncle's house now. Just to have a weekend here and stay in touch with my little cousin, Xiao Yao. She has grown up a lot after I have not seen her for more than two months. She is still so skinny but grew taller now. One thing which surprises me is she could speak some Chinese sentences now and her English has been improved a lot, it is even better than my English. Her English proficiency is higher than a primary school student even though she is just 4 years old. As usual, she loves to sing song, play games, run here and there and love to play with me. She told me a long long story just now where she started to act as she was one of the characters in the story. Her story was interesting and is better than the story I can write or tell. Really proud of her!
 Xiao Yao still loves to watch television programme so much. She is watching her favourite,<Jake, The Never Land Pirate

The Monkey Xiao Yao with her Monkey pose.

The happiest part of this visit would be I have found back my childhood as I stayed together with my uncle and Xiao Yao. When we went to the playground opposite my uncle's house and play in the evening, Xiao Yao was just like me when I was 4 years old. I was an energetic girl and I love to go to playground. I went to the playground with her earlier than my uncle as he had to water the plants in his garden. Xiao Yao taught me how to cross the road when I hold her hand and walking towards the playground. She said " We must look to the left and look to the right before we cross the road" See...How smart she is? Right after we reached the playground, she ran fast towards the see-saw and ordered me to sit at one side and she sat on the other side. She laughed happily when I played with her. Then, she asked me to swing her. I was not brave enough to swing her too high. Nothing much, I was worrying her and scared that she might be falling down if I swing too high. But, she was not happy with that and she told me, "Papa can swing higher. Lets go to other place and play" Erm...it's kind of disappointed.  Right after this, here come my dearest uncle and the happiest moment of  Xiao Yao. She finally has the chance to swing high in the sky.
Xiao Yao's smile finally shown on her pretty and cute face.
 "Papa, swing higher, I want to be the highest" 

Then, my uncle taught her to play "basketball" . This basketball was not the real basket ball, but threw some dried sticks on the ground towards the basketball frame hung on the tree. She looked happy even though she did not manage to throw even one stick successfully. She laughed happily each time she saw my uncle managed to throw the stick into the frame. That is the relationship of father and daughter. I started to see my childhood when I watched this moment of my uncle and Xiao Yao. I started to miss my father as well. He used to play with me when I was young as I was the only daughter that time. My brother was only born when I was four. So, before that, I was the princess for my family. I used to sit on my father's shoulder, just like what Xiao Yao did today. I miss every moment with my father...
 This is the basketball frame I mentioned above.

She was clapping and smiling happily when her father a.k.a my uncle managed to throw the dried stick into the frame.
 She collected more dried sticks for her father to throw..

 The Monkey Girl is climbing up here and there.
 She loves to swing and jump down from there...
 See, how happy she is...\

In the night, we went to have our dinner in a new restaurant near with my uncle's house. It was nice but a little bit spicy. The choosy girl did not eat much as there was not much of her favourite food such as crispy food and egg. Though my uncle had ordered a very special egg for her, she did not like it. She just ate rice and drank tea. Then, she started to sing some songs. I managed to record down two of them. Let's enjoy them.
 This girl is sleepy yet wanted to play with me.
 The first song she sang. So cute and adorable.
 This is the second song. Enjoy!

I am going back to my house in PJ tomorrow and I might be only seeing my dearest cousin sister after few weeks. I am sure I am going to miss her very much. I love you, Xiao Yao!

1 comment: