Wednesday, June 29, 2011

We are the most not environmental friendly dudes~

I came across this little quote from Sin Chew Daily few days ago. I felt that it is really meaningful and I snapped it with my camera. I wished to share with people around, especially those who read my blog. Here it goes.

Let me translate it in English before I write more on my own thought on these quotes.
When we get our birth certificate, we started our life;
When we get our graduation certificate, it’s the starting point of our working life;
When we get our marriage certificate, it’s the starting point of our suffering life;
When we have the confirmation letter of becoming a government servant, it is the starting point of working hard;
A piece of money, suffering for whole life;
A piece of death certificate, it signifies the end of our life.
Well, I am not good in translation. So, it might be a little bit hard to understand.
However, I really think that these quotes really meaningful. All our life, we go for papers. Certificates are papers, bank notes are papers, memorials are papers and letters are papers. Even death certificate is a piece of paper as well. So, let’s see, how many papers we have in our life? I just went to a scholarship interview; I took out all certificates I gained since I was in primary schools. Wow...It was too many certificates I have. Err...I am not trying to show off, but I never thought of I have collected so many certificates. I still remember when I was in my schooling age, I tried my very best to earn all these certificates. Why I wanted these certificates so much? Nothing much, I guess every students have the same answer as what I had. It is just to earn a better chance to further my study in tertiary education. These certificates were the jewels in my life when I was in secondary school. I tried my best in every competition I participated so that I managed to win a better placement and at the same time, I have “prettier” certificate to be filed in my academic achievement. It’s the only dream of mine when I was in secondary school.
Now, when I looked at these certificates, I don’t really know why I have to earn so many certificates. Many of them were useless for me now. They were just like a piece of wasted paper for me. Yet, I have to keep them for a better chance in my future. When I read these quotes from the newspaper, I found that it is really great! All our life, we really go for PAPERS. Nothing, just papers. These papers are useless at the end when we pass away. Will we bring them along? No. We won’t. These papers are useless, yet our government had made it so important. WHY? Why shall we become the most not environmental friendly people in the world? I am not sure. I am yet to search for the answer.

1 comment: