Sunday, June 26, 2011

I am back after months

I have left this little world for months, and now, I am back to update what happened in my life for these few months. First of all, I was away from this little world of mine because I was too busy with my works and thesis. Thesis was killing me. Not because it was hard to write, but because of my laziness. However, I managed to finish it and at last, I gained an A- for it. I was surprise though. haha
Next, I was busy with my final examination. Even though this time I had only three subjects to be tested on, I was quite nervous for it. Everything went on smoothly and my holiday for my 3rd year 2nd Semester officially started on 13 May, the black Friday. Yeah! Holiday again!
My pack and busy holiday started from 20th May,2011. I went to Taiping Buddhist Association for a 9 days camp. It is known as the Inter-varsity Buddhist Youth Camp. Here, I met with 200+ Buddhist youths from all over Malaysia. This is my second time joining this camp. Here, I learned a lot of the teachings from our Lord Buddha, which is the great knowledge of world and the truth of this samsaric world. Besides, I got to know a lot of friends from different university and different states. They are my kalyana mitra who guided me and accompany me to walk through the Dhamma path. Thanks to these kalyana mitra.
My group members during the camp. They are great and we worked together happily. Special thanks to my mentors, Guo Jue and Sin Yi, they guided us well. Thanks. oh ya,that's the mind map we drew during the last day. It was simple yet complete. haha...
Our group presentation. I am one of the speakers..hehe...

After 9days, I am back in Teluk Intan for another camp on 29th May,2011. It is a youth camp in Persatuan Buddhist Hilir Perak (PBHP). I was the camp leader for this camp and this is the second time i hold the post as camp leader, yet I was very nervous and worry as well. Luckily, I have a bunch of kalyana mitra supporting me and I have a group of great committees back-up me whenever i needed.
The group photo taken while we waiting for the photographer and promoting the 50th anniversary of PBUM. Our beloved Sis.Hea said I have to pay her RM 5 per head for promotion fees. haha...
This is a very special camp for me. There were a lot of "old" participants whom joined us since they were very young. However, they changed to be very obedient this year, no more hyperactive which I expected when I went through the name list. I was shocked during the first day. I thought they were just not used to the environment yet, but this condition continue till the end of the camp with slight changes. They were too cool I shall say, cool until gave no respond to us when we asked them questions. Not even answer with a simple nodding. Is this due to the youths had used to facebook, twitter and MSN? That's why they couldn't give a verbal respond? I had a joke with my friend, Yen Yee that we shall organise a facebook camp next time where everyone will bring a long their laptop and we will camp via facebook.
I was glad that I managed to invite a very cute and hilarious reverend who came from Kuala Kubu Baru, a place where I served as NS Dhamma speaker. Rev. Chan Sheng is really great where he hold on to some traditional practices yet he managed to mingle with those youths with the latest jokes. There were many "banana" who didn't really understand Chinese participated in this camp, Rev.Chan Sheng had to translate his talk into English and sometimes Malay. This had added some spices into the classroom.
My cute little reverend. Rev.Chan Sheng. Thanks to reverend for sharing the best knowledge with us and gave me a great chance to learn how to organise a Buddhist camp by holding to the traditional yet can be very "in" at the same time.
In this camp again, I met with this cute little boy,Ki Lim. He was the best participant last year. Due to his great improvement in the camp, he had gave me a great hope that youths nowadays really can be taught and changed. He was quite stubborn and labeled as bad guy in school, some teachers even labeled him as gangster due to his bad attitude. However, last year, his mother forced him to join us and it was lucky that I went to his father's barbershop and have my haircut before camp. From there, i knew more about this little boy and I had made up my mind to try my best to change him become a good guy at the end of the camp. We managed to do it last year. I had feedback from his parents that he became better after the camp and left the gangster group. This is what we want, to educate them become better. Yes, we did it.
This is the guy I mentioned. He is the great success I had in my dhammaduta life. He changed my perspective on "bad" guy. He touched my heart. His great changes after camp really make me happy.
Right after the camp, it was my best friend, Kee Kooi Ling's wedding. I was assigned as the Master of Ceremony in her wedding. This was the second time I become the MC of Buddhist Wedding Ceremony, yet I was very very very very very nervous. Why? Because this time is really different where Kooi Ling had invited many friends and Reverend Xian Qi to attend to the ceremony. It was a grand wedding ceremony. Luckily, I have my best "er jie', the English MC of the wedding, accompanied me throughout the process. We were the best partner I shall say. Haha...It was great to see my best friend stepped into her new cycle of life, with the guy she love and love her much. It was great and blessed to attend to her wedding. I hope to have a Buddhist wedding ceremony too. It was just great to have Triple Gems to bless my new family. When is my turn? 3 years later? Who knows? haha...
Photo taken with the bride and groom as well as a big gang of friends. This group of Buddhist friends are my kalyana mitra since my secondary school till now.
10 siblings with guma and gu jiong, da ge and si jie were not in the picture.
The 2 MCs with bride and groom.

Hmm..what happen next during my holiday? The next interesting thing would be the camp we organised in Sabak Bernam. This is a very special camp where Miao Xi PBUM as the co-organisor, and Sabak Bernam Youth as the main organisor. This was the first time we went there and most of the youths there were very excited, waiting for us. I took up the responsibility to sing one song during the Buddhist Hymns Sharing on 18th June,2011 night and teach one song with action during that session as well. It was a great experience where many old Boddhisatva join us in the song with action session though the song was a children hymns. I was touched when I stood in front and saw them dancing with me. It was great!
The next day, 19th June,2011 was a one day camp for youth there. The reported themselves early in the morning. However, before that, the organizing committees were too great and kind where they woke up at 5am and reached Buddhist association and prepared our breakfast. Thanks to them very much. They were really caring and great.
This group of cute little organizing committee woke up early in the morning, just to prepare our breakfast. Love them. They were really awesome and fully committed to Buddhist activity. They will be great Dhammaduta workers in the future if they are well-trained and exposed to Buddhism.

In this camp, I was one of the speakers of the main topic. I had a partner, Trista, a cute and quiet girl but she was full of idea and she put in all her effort in preparing the talk. I was glad to guide her and I believed that she will be one of the best Dhamma speakers one day if great training is given to her. Our talk went on smoothly with great comment. I found that I gained more confident and delivered what I planned to talk more deliberately and more steady. I managed to catch their attention and they listened to me happily. It was a great achievement I had and it was also due to the experience I have during the youth camp in PBHP. Dealing with youths isn't that hard, but you need to treat them with your full heart. They will only listen to you when you have the passion. I guess I know how to deal with my students during my practical which is coming soon. I guess I can conquer them, those monkeys, because I am monkey queen. haha...
The only picture taken while I was giving talk,
My best partner, Trista.
The cutest camp participants, organizing committees and us, from PBUM.

I went back to KL and went for a scholarship interview in Wisma Jerneh. I wished I could get a full grant scholarship to help me during my final year and cut down the economic stress on my mom. Hope I did well in my interview, I think I did well. Haha...after the interview, went out dating with my dear, Pangwenn. It has been a long time we never visit to Times Square. We had a great day that day. We had Sushi King as our lunch. Our first time having sushi together.

photo taken during lunch. hehe...

During this lovely day, it's really great. With your accompaniment, I love the feeling being with you. Thanks my dear.

1 comment: