Friday, February 18, 2011

Sharing is caring

Sharing is caring; this phrase always comes to my mind. I always ask myself, what can I share with other people? Sharing materials such as food, money, clothes and so on is more than enough? I think we should share more than that.

I was lucky enough that I have the chance to join Dhamma Speakers Training Programme by PBUM when I was first year. After two years of training in this group, I am better-equipped with Dhamma-based knowledge and those little techniques to become a good Dhamma speaker. There are many chances which I have missed out previously. Anyhow, now I am appreciating every chance I have to share what I know with others. I guess, this is the best action I can carry out for the moment and it is the best way to share with others.

During 9th February, 2011, I had my first complete individual Dhamma sharing class with National Service (NS) participants. I ranked it as the best sharing that I ever have since I attended the training programme two years ago. Though there were errors and time where I paused during the process of delivering my talk, I was satisfied with it. It is always great to share what I know with others, especially sharing dhamma which is the teaching of the Lord Buddha which will help others to achieve nibbana.

The topic given to me to share in the National Service religious class was the four great elements which we have to appreciate in our life. What are the four elements? They are: our parents, our country, all beings around us and Triple Gems. Why do we have to appreciate these four elements in our life? Once I finish plan the talk and wrote the lesson plan of it, I tried my best to link it with our daily life. Until the last minute, I was still figuring out how to relate it with daily life. At the end, I chose to use many nice video downloaded from the internet. It was great and it created great impact on those National Service participants. I am not pretty sure whether they understood what I have delivered, from their facial expression, I could see that they understand most of the message I want to deliver. I felt happy at the end of the day. That’s the joy of sharing and it is also the reason why I chose to join this Dhamma Speakers’ Training Programme during my first year in University of Malaya.

It was great to share with others. After the talk, I realized that “sharing is caring” is really worked. We share because we care and it is the greatest happiness which material could not make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment